Broccoli Gratin. Prepare your own gratin with broccoli with gratin sauce and cheese. This dish is great with everything; fits on the buffet. Baked broccoli is quite good too especially if you choose fresh broccoli. Broccoli Gratin will allow you to eat also plenty of other vegetables.
Ingredients for Broccoli au gratin (gratin with broccoli):
- 4-5 port broccoli gratin
- 1 kg of fresh broccoli or 750 grams of frozen
CHEESE SAUCE FOR GRATIN:
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water from the cooking of broccoli
- 2 cups milk (default)
- 1 cup aged grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 0.5 ml cream
- Salt and white pepper and ev. a little cayenne
How to cook broccoli gratin gratin with broccoli:
- Boil a pot of water. Add 0.5 teaspoons of salt.
- Clear meanwhile broccoli. Cut the florets and share those that are large. Broccoli stem, you can easily trim and chop into pieces and cook it with.
- Boil the broccoli in about 5 minutes. Start with the cheese sauce.
- Melt butter and pour the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir it. Add milk and stir it a little at a time while it thickens.
- Set aside 2 cups of cooking water and add to cheese sauce. Allow to stand and cook a few minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the broccoli in a colander.
- Add the drained broccoli in a gratin dish.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Stir in the coarsely shredded cheese into the sauce. Add one milliliter of salt and white pepper. Ev. a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Mix cream and eggs in a glass or bowl and stir in the sauce.
- Beat the cheese sauce over the broccoli in the gratin dish.
- Bake gratin with broccoli in the upper part of the oven (250 degrees) the cheese on top gets nicely browned about 5-10 minutes.