A very good frozen cheesecake, which is like an ice cream cake, is easy to make and can be prepared months in advance if you will. You get 6-8 portions and it takes 30 minutes to make and 5 hours in the freezer.
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 dl sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 200 g cream cheese
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 10 pieces digestive biscuits
- ev. 1 piece of lemon
- or about 0.5 teaspoons of lemon flavor and about 3 tablespoons lemon juice
To do this:
- You can use an electric whisk across this recipe except for the last step where you use a spoon. If you do everything in the same order as described below, you do not need to wash the electric mixer between the different parts.
- Split the eggs. Add the egg yolks in a bowl and egg whites in another. Pour sugar and vanilla over egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites first to a solid foam (with clean beaters) please use the electric mixer. The foam should be so solid that you can turn the bowl up side down.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar to a baggy bright yellow batter, preferably with an electric mixer.
- Mix in cream cheese. (Run on the lowest speed of mixer).
- Whip the cream in a separate bowl. It should be moderately firm, much like you would have beaten it to a dessert. Stirin n the whipped cream into the other batter with the lowest speed of the mixer.
- Gently with a spoon stir in the beaten egg whites.
- If you want lemon flavor: grate the peel of the lemon and squeeze out the juice. Stir in the lemon peel and lemon juice into the batter. Alternatively, you can drop the lemon peel, and pour in a little lemon juice.
- Crush the biscuits and add half of it on the bottom of a round shape form with a removable bottom. Pour in the batter and sprinkle the rest of biscuits crumbs on the top.
- Set in the freezer for 5 hours. Remove the cake for 15-30 minutes at room temperature before serving.