Categories : Indian Cuisine
Hi, my name is Jimmy and I’ve just found your site, which looks wonderful. I love Indian cuisine and have been vegetarian for about 15 years now. I’d love to acquire some new recipes and thought I’d submit one of my favorite Indian recipes, This one I think you’ll find quite tasty.
1 c Onion; finely chopped
2 T Oil
1 c Eggplant cubes; peeled
1/2 c Raw nuts (peanuts, cashews, or pecans)
1 c Fresh tomato cubes; peeled
1 c Apple cubes; peeled
2 large Garlic cloves; peeled
1/2 T Ground turmeric
1/2 T Ground cinnamon
1/2 t Ground coriander
1 T Freshly ground pepper (more to taste, if desired)
1 T Salt
1 T Cumin seeds
1 T Mustard or dill seeds
2 T Ground red pepper or chili-powder
water as needed
4 c Brown rice; precooked, still warm (brown Basmati is best)
1/2 c Raisins (optional)
1/2 c Coconut; shredded (optional)
1. Put oil in a skillet and saute eggplant onions in it. At the same time, put garlic, apple, tomato and nuts in a blender and blend into a paste.
2. Add the eggplant to the paste and blend it into a soft mass, add water if needed.
3. Add the spices in the paste and blend it all together.
4. Stir all the paste together with the onions. Taste and adjust spices
5. put enough water into the mixture to make the spiced vegetable sauce into a thick soup. Serve with rice.
Garnish with raisins or coconut if desired.
Thanks for the great recipe. I’d love to hear from the rest of you, if you have a favorite recipe or just want a recipe for your favorite dish. As always, I’d love to hear a little about you too.