Categories : Muffins
This is a recipe for some very chocolaty muffins. They are easy to make and can be baked in a Bake Pops pan if you want to make round chocolate cake pops. Read a full review of Bake Pops here.
- 125 g of soft butter
- 170 grams of sugar (about 1 ¾ cups)
- 2 eggs
- 250 g flour (about 4 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 100 g chopped dark chocolate
- 50 g chopped nut kernels
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 150 g icing sugar (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 ½ tablespoons orange juice
- Small orange triangles
Tips: Garnish muffins with 200g melted dark chocolate instead of orange glaze
Stir the butter and sugar well together. Whisk the eggs in one at a time. Beat well between each.
Mix flour, baking powder, orange peel, chocolate and nuts together and mix into the butter mixture alternate with the cream.
Spread the batter into paper muffin cups and set them on a baking sheet or you can use a Bake Pops pan.
Bake in middle of oven for approx. 12 minutes at 200 °.
When the muffins are cool decorate with the icing and orange triangles.