Categories : Indian Cuisine
Palakoora Pulusu is a great tasting and healthy stew that I recommend you try out. If you don’t like your food too hot you can reduce or even skip the chilli powder. To make sure your food stays healthy and non-toxic I recommend using an OrGreenic pan for your cooking. You can read our OrGreenic review here.
1 Bunch Spinach Leaves
Tamarind (The Size Of A Small Lemon)
2 Ripe Tomatoes
2 Small Onions
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Peeled Black Gram Dal
1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tbsp Black Mustard Seeds
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Pinch Asafoetida
Salt — To Taste
1. Clean spinach leaves. Chop into small pieces and boil.
2. Add water to tamarind and squeeze out a small bowl of tamarind juice.
3. Chop onions and tomatoes into medium sized pieces.
4. Put spinach leaves, tamarind juice, onions and tomatoes into a frying pan, add half a glass of water and cook. Add chilli powder, sugar and salt.
Cook until thick.
5. Pour oil in the frying pan. Fry black gram dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Add this seasoning to the stew.