Some flavor combinations, I’m hooked on, and here you got to try: pecorino cheese, mushrooms and a little nutmeg to the filling of the gratin tomatoes. So good!
- 4 pcs tomatoes (preferably with the base of the peduncle left)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms, such as mushrooms
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 0.5 pinch Nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
How to Cook It
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs quickly.
- Stir together eggs, mushrooms, pecorino cheese, bread crumbs, nutmeg, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Rinse the tomatoes and cut a lid a little below the base of the peduncle. Scoop out the insides. Cutting possibly by a very thin slice in the bottom of each tomato so that they stand steady.
- Fill the tomatoes with the filling and put on the lids.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with olive oil, add the tomatoes and pot roast them for 25 minutes.