Grilled potatoes are good in itself and suitable for the most part. Use an open grill and a charcoal or gas grill. The recipe is from the book Grill like a pro. Sometimes when I don’t have much time I can use my Orgreenic pan to roast the potatoes. No oil or margarine is needed for that. You can read more about it here.
- 1 kg new potatoes, well-scrubbed
- olive oil
- 1 x egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or sherry
- 2 x garlic cloves
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 2 tsp Pimentón de la Vera picante
- 1 cup virgin olive oil, mild or fruity
- 1 cup sunflower oil
Allioli is the Spanish garlic sauce with roots in Catalonia. The sauce is a very important part of the Catalan cuisine. Pimentón de la Vera is a smoked paprika from western Spain, and in this case complements the taste of regular allioli very well.